We are showing a drive-in movie at the fairgrounds on Saturday August 15th at dusk (8:30 to 9:00). We will begin accepting cars at 7:00 pm from the Fire Station Road entrance to the carnival grounds of the fair. You can bring your own snacks and drinks. We ask that you be conscious of social distancing requirements and plan to stay near your vehicle.
Please spread the word! This event is open to all friends, family, and parish members! We really would like to see people come out and have a good time. It’s a really light-hearted comedy that has a redeeming message about Alexanders’ Horrible Day or as we like to think of it AKA 2020.
We will be accepting donations to help cover the cost of this event.
Showing “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.”
- We will add times as we get closer to the event.
- We will begin accepting cars at 7:00 pm
- Showing will begin at dusk (either 8:30 or 9:00)
- Bring your own drinks, snacks, whatever you would like! Please pack your trash out, or use the designated trash cans.
- We will have sound provided through a designated FM radio station. If you are worried about having your car on, you can bring a small electric radio to use in the car (that’s what I’m trying).
- Once we fill up, we are sorry that’s it, no more cars. We will be trying to stagger parking to help with social distancing and allowing space for seats. If you have a very large car, we will be asking that you park near the back of the lot so that you don’t block the view for other vehicles.
- You may not move spots once parked.
- The speed limit is 5 m.p.h.
- Vehicle lights & headlights must remain off during the show. Parking lights are acceptable when parking or leaving after dark.
- Movie-goers will be allowed to either remain in their car or in the area right next to their car.
- Other than their designated areas, movie-goers will not be allowed to gather outside of their cars. You may only exit your car’s area when heading to the concessions or bathroom.
- When walking away from your car, you MUST wear a mask and follow proper social distancing guidelines.
- If you leave the site, you may not re-enter.
- Only standard passenger vehicles are allowed (cars, trucks, SUVs). No RV’s, buses, etc.
- Anyone not adhering to the rules will be asked to leave.
- Bring a chair or blanket so that you can be more comfortable. These can be set up right next to your car/truck so you aren’t all squished in your vehicle.
- Some vehicles interior lights stay on if you have the tailgate open. There are ways to circumvent this. I looked online and we were able to trick our Ford Explorer into thinking the tailgate was shut when it wasn’t. It makes it easier on your battery and on the neighboring cars if you keep your lights off.
- We will announce if we will sell concessions as we get closer to the event, but you can bring treats and yummies for yourselves too. Please be sure to pick up any trash before leaving.